Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so here is my deal I have an Aux in and trying to hook up my ipod.... I am very teck savy but heres the deal i think i have a bad ground? My Ipod I use the car charger by belkin and on the charger its self it has a head phone jack 3.5mm and I have a stereo 3.5mm mini to mini i am getting sound but when i pause the Ipod I hear noise like Hissing? and chrackling, this is only when I use the belking adapeter? my last car i had no propblem could it be the cig lighter???? in the arm rest???

any thoughts

Issom

·
Registered
126 Posts
i only get the hissing when the car power adapter is in it too. if i just have the audio cord in then its all good yo!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Maybe your dubbing cable has a bad connection, go buy another one or try someone elses. I have a "gold played connector" yeah I was like whats the point? but I guess it enhances performance and there is less signal less and interference. So yeah..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey I had this problem when I hooked up my Sirius Radio. It drove me crazy! So I did some research on the internet and found out that it is caused fom a "ground loop". You need to buy a device wich is called a ground loop isolator. Radio shack has it on their website but it is out of stock. I found one at wal mart ($14). It is a small little box with rca hookups on it. You will have to get some adapters from maybe radio shack to change to a mini stereo plug. Radio Shack swore up and down that if I bought the gold connectors that it will stop. It did not. Here are a few links of what I got. Oh and It worked very well. Took care of the problem.

Ground Loop Isolators

Wal-Mart

Crutchfield w/RCA Jacks

Crutchfield (Has stereo 3.5mm plugs)

The Last one was not available when I was looking. It is good cause you wont have to convert the rca plugs to 3.5mm plugs. Might actually save you some money.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Originally posted by Blumustangdude21@Dec 14 2005, 06:39 PM
so do you get hissing with the gold connector?
no. Perfect quality..sounds like a CD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK I think i found out the problem, well i was using a mini to mini stereo cable and got alot of feed back in the speakers causing the hissing and they were gold

but thanks to N8t_888 I remember because i had the same problem with my xm radio in my other car you need to used a mini to rcas input and have a mini to rca output and its all good now

but is there any adaper to make my head unit show the names???

Issom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.