Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the automatic tc hard to change into drive? I've never driven an automatic like the tc's before. All the automatics I have, to put the car in drive, just pull straight down on the gear stick.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No, it's not hard to get into drive. The shifter is funny looking, but it's easy to get used to.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
^^ seconds that motion

Also, yea I have an automagic and I love it alot, I do sometimes miss the manual transmission but you know I get over it quickly because when I am on the phone, eating, yelling out the window, turning w/ blinker it does get hard to drive with a manual.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
On a trip to Florida a few weeks ago, my idiot friend knocked it into 3rd and drove 250 miles at 75 MPH like that...

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
When I brought the car home from the dealership for the first time I had it in 3rd on I-75 for awhile until I realized it was revving a bit high.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
When I had a slushbox I used the shifter for the following things:
- put it in 3rd when I was ready to pass somebody
- put it in 2nd (or even L) on mountain roads going downhill.
- put it in R to go backwards

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just put it in D for 'dattaway' !! --------------->

Seriously though, the transmmission should be able to handle any forward movement in just Drive. I've found the throttle response to be a bit faster in the lower gears since it doesn't have to downshift for quicker acceleration.

In slower traffic, I will put it in 2 otherwise the car wants to just keep moving forward at whatever speed rather than slowing down when I pull my foot off the gas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.