Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone noticed a blue haze at the bottom of the autodimming mirror when the car gets really hot inside? I have a windshield blind and tinted windows, but i always get that. Does this hurt the lifespan of my autodimming mirror?

·
Registered
793 Posts

Hmm...we've had some pretty hot days here (low-mid 90's) and I haven't noticed that on mine. I'll try to pay better attention on the next few hot days we have and see if mine does it....

·
Registered
372 Posts
I can't say anything about the tC mirror, but I had a similar experience with a mirror in my old Z3. You see, they did not come with the autodimming mirrors. I bought one and fashioned a holder for it. Because I was in a hurry, I wired it so that it was on all the time unless I hit the switch on the bottom side of the mirror. I found that the hazing as you saw it happened more when the mirror was left on over night.

Doubt that helps you, but just wanted to share my experience.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Doh...I've been leaving my mirror on ALL the time.....guess I should start trying to rememeber to turn it off at night (b/c I KNOW I won't think about it during the day....).

Good call for pointing that out....thanks GA tC!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a caller from the dealer to bring it in. Theres a service order out on it for bad wiring. Prob take in Saturday. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
77 Posts
how much is an autodimming mirror and isntall?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts