Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
The tC did great in the auto X. Talk about a good time! That was my first, and definatly not last autocross event. It rained very hard for the first heat but by the last heat it dried out. I think the one thing that would benifit the tC in an auto X would be better tires. I did the course in 2nd gear and I don't think the tires completly quit spinning once durring the entire run. Other than the traction problem the stock suspention works very well while being severely flogged. I can't recomend it enough, go out and try one of these event. It's the most fun you can have in your car (at least in the front seat).

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Obike and me did a Novice School this past weekend. Fun as hell. Not sure if I want to go to the regular events, though - novice school here is cheap ($50, includes lunch), and you get 20 runs. Regular events are $35, no free lunch and there are 260-300 cars instead of 40 on a "school" day, so there is no way you can get 20 runs out of it.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@May 25 2005, 04:37 PM
Obike and me did a Novice School this past weekend. Fun as hell. Not sure if I want to go to the regular events, though - novice school here is cheap ($50, includes lunch), and you get 20 runs. Regular events are $35, no free lunch and there are 260-300 cars instead of 40 on a "school" day, so there is no way you can get 20 runs out of it.
Very much agreed... the course was nice and tight and really taught you the limits of the car and how to approach turns differently.

Running the tC was great, I'm going to do at least two more novice schools before attempting a real autox.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
^^^ There is only one school left in our region this year

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.