Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I saw this mirror on scion.com listed as an xA accessory. But I like it better than the one listed as the tC auto-dim. (I really want a compass)

xA accessories

Are they interchangable?

I don't feel like messing with the wiring myself, so I just want to take it in and have the scion dealer pop it in.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I just got off the phone with the service dept at my dealer. They told me that the auto-dim mirror for the tC wasn't out yet and there was one for the xA but they are not interchangable.

If I knew anything about cars, I could call bulls**t on them. But alas, I'm a city boy.

Anyone know where I can find a compass auto-dim mirror like the xA one? And also... I don't know a whole helluvalot about cars, but I'm not stupid. Can I realistically install this myself?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I thought we talked about it. eBay - GM/Toyota compass mirrors.

To test your installing abilities - try to remove the tC mirror without breaking anything.

Oh, and read the mirror install manual here for more info: http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/files/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked on ebay and didn't see anything I liked. But I found this place:

Compass Mirror

And they look reasonably priced. Plus you can get a mirror with compass but without temp.

Also - do I need a wedge or camlock mount for the mirror?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
eBay link $119 buy it now

That's one of the options. If it says "fits all GM vehicles" it means that it will fit a tC. My mirror was originally pulled from a Tahoe, lived in my Matrix for a while, then moved to tC - I think it's a wedge type.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
How hard is it to install an auto-dim mirror? My g/f was thinking of getting one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.