Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! first off, want to say that i just ordered my rock-some 5spd black tC and i am SO STOKED! i was looking at the accessories page at scion.com and it says that you can't combine the the auto dim mirror witht the side airbags. anyone know why this is? i am getting the airbags, but i want the mirror too...is there an alternate aftermarket mirror that would work w. the airbags? thanks!

PS this forum has been muy helpfull-0, and i'm even more pumped to get mine knowing that tC owners are supah chillen!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Scion does not want dealers to mess with the airbags in the A-pillars, and that's where the wiring is supposed to run for the mirror. You can splice the mirror into sunroof controls if you are willing to do the install yourself - I have an aftermarket compass mirror and that's what I was planning to do myself, but ended up running the wiring to the same location as scion mirror. Sunroof splicing is still a possibility, though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by oceanace8@Oct 17 2004, 04:44 PM
PS this forum has been muy helpfull-0, and i'm even more pumped to get mine knowing that tC owners are supah chillen!
thank you. we are, aren't we?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 17 2004, 04:13 PM
Scion does not want dealers to mess with the airbags in the A-pillars, and that's where the wiring is supposed to run for the mirror. You can splice the mirror into sunroof controls if you are willing to do the install yourself - I have an aftermarket compass mirror and that's what I was planning to do myself, but ended up running the wiring to the same location as scion mirror. Sunroof splicing is still a possibility, though.
thanks! that makes sense. how do you like your aftermarket mirror? would you reccomend a particular brand/model?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.