Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a blast at my first ever Auto-crossing event today. It was a sanctioned SCCA event. Unfortunately because of my modifications, I was placed in a very competitive bracket (DSP). My suspension modifications are Tein S-tech springs, and a TRD rear anti-roll bar. My engine modifications are as follows, Injen CAI, Blitz Nur-Spec axle back exhaust and DC Sports header (btw, I run a 15.2 sec 1/4 mile if you were interested
)

It was my first event so needles to say I got my @ss handed to me by the other cars in my bracket. I came in second to last place out of 9 cars, only beating a non-SR20DET 240SX. The winner of the bracket was a BMW 330CI.

I'm sure I could of done better if I wasn't running stock tires. In DSP (the class I was running in) you can pretty much equip your car with racing slicks.

I was surprised to find that by the end of the day I had better times then 2 WRX's, had come in dead even with a Miata, and was only about half a sec slower then all 3 G35's that had Auto-crossed that day

For reference the fastest car of the day was a tricked-out Datsun 240Z, running the course in 63 sec. I ran the course in 79 sec.

There is something so liberating about being able to drive your car, balls to the wall, harder then you ever dare on the street, and know that if you screw up, you'll just kill some cones, and not some kids. It's really a rush. I just wish that they set up the course so that I could use my third gear somewhere besides the final straight, but I guess that wouldn't really be Auto-crossing then.

Thanks for reading my long winded post, I'm surprised you made it to the end.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Funfun... yeah get rid of those pos tires and i bet you'll do a lot better.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Originally posted by ND120883@Feb 7 2006, 10:34 PM
Speak for yourself pal. I love smashing children. Death Race 2000 style. Yeah...
LMAO dude you rock...LOL
= kids being

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.