Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how the stock audio system in the Tc sounds. I've heard that its pretty good. Mine will be here in about a week and i just wanted to know what i should be looking at audio wise to upgrade?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by Glm1082@Jul 12 2004, 06:54 AM
Can anyone tell me how the stock audio system in the Tc sounds. I've heard that its pretty good. Mine will be here in about a week and i just wanted to know what i should be looking at audio wise to upgrade?
when I test drove the TC, i listed to the radio, and the stereo sounded awesome. Don't forget, it's a pioneer 160watt stereo, so you cant go wrong with that. They also have the optional sub that you could install in the trunk for more thump. To be honest though, I thought the stock stereo was plenty enough, and i'm a huge music enthusiast, can't live without it. I was impressed.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It sounds great i set my built in EQ setting to the "hear" setting and turned the bass to -2 and it sounds great. I was into the whole loud bass thing when i was younger but not so much now. i am more about going fast and loud stereo equipment weighs too much. The stock system is plenty.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I like how the system includes a MP3 player. Usually those cost a lot to add to cars but its stock on the tC.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can Anyone tell me if the Head unit( Cd Player) has a spot for RCA cables in the back to run to an amp???? i was wondering and cant find out untill mine comes in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Jul 12 2004, 07:49 PM
Can Anyone tell me if the Head unit( Cd Player) has a spot for RCA cables in the back to run to an amp???? i was wondering and cant find out untill mine comes in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no...there are no amp pre-outs on the stock HU......if you want to add an amp...jus add a line-out converter and run the rca through there

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also can anyone give me some info. on the satellite xm radio. I know the pioneer system is satellite ready but i wanted to know what else there was to setting it up, Re: monthly fees, installment etc.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey ciph3r thats the same settings I use, I may flip back and forth between hear and feel depending on the type of tunes. I've heard a lot of people change the car setting to xA or xB, anyone have any comments???

·
Registered
336 Posts
Before I upgraded my HU to an alpine, I had the stock HU set on xB and flipped between hear and feel. Setting it as xB, it just seemed louder to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts