Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i was driving around with my friend and all the sudden i see some HID on my ass. I keep on driving with 5 over the speed limit I down shift and speed up a lil so i start driving with 10 over the speed limit and guess what those HIDs keep on pushing me i decide to take a right on the next traffic light where the road has 2 lines in one direction. I down shift to 2nd and right after the turn i sped up to about 3500 rpm ( still in 2nd ). I see the HIDs move to other lane and starts to speed up, so i'm waiting till it gets next me , then i just pressed the gas I almost relined the car. I shifted to 3rd by then i had a half car lenght. I got to 4500 rpm on 3rd and then shifted to 4th and that where those HIDs passed me and I saw that was Audi A6 4.2 V6. Well nice try of me I still got my ass smoked. But one day ones i get my turbo then we will talk about this again. It was kind of fun, but i felt bad after that i abused my tC like that for a such a loss.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Damn pesky horsepower keeps showing up for the other guy and spoiling the race. Nice post, you went out with honor, and admitted the other guy was faster, that's a great post!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The same night probly like an hour before that i saw i camro and i kinda tought about i racing him, but when i saw the SS on the back i was like " how about sit tight on those nice seats and just drive with the speed limit."

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I "raced" a 2004 Maxima a couple months ago, and it was funny. The race lasted about a second.

·
Registered
113 Posts
in other words he won bas?

·
Registered
113 Posts
yah those things are pretty impressive performance wise.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A clarification might ease the pain a bit. The 4.2 is a V8, not V6, and starts over $50K. The 0-60 is only a second-ish faster than tC. It was a valliant effort and probably fun as hell! Enjoy the car you're in

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That's an old song by Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young - You got to love the one you're with!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.