Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I turned ASL off when I used my stock HU. I want the radio playing at 1 volume, not changing when I go different speeds.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
What is ASL? Auto sound limiter? That's what it sounds like you're talking about...I guess '06s have that...?

My only experience with such a thing was in a rental Lancer, and it was the most annoying thing ever...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yeah, it's the amount of adjusting it will do.

I kept it set to OFF.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I didn't want it adjusting the volume or anything. I'd rather do it myself.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I say turn it off, it really does affect the quality of your music. (unless you still have it on tC mode, then your missin out all together) Basically, you go fast, it turns up, u slow down, it turns down.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Personally, I like using it. I think mine's just set to low right now, so it's subtle, but it seems to be just the right setting to make it seem like what I hear is the same level at any time. I hardly ever change the volume on it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
i really liked the idea of it cuz i first heard about it existing on the upper level cady's a few years ago. its tight that the tC has it however when i got my sub installed it made my sub drop completly off. then it would bump super hard when i drive off. i didnt know i had ASL till i called the audio place back. thought i had an alternator/battery problem=)

yeah it stays in the OFF position.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.