Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just recently spent my money on a scion tc myself and i think its pretty cool but what i dont like about it is that when i punch it.. the motor feels like it wants to go more but cant cause of the computer... i was wondering if anyone would know how or what i can do to my car to be faster...

thanks

-The Asian

·
Registered
42 Posts
maybe start off by adding turbo or nitrous
nothing really else out that will make much of a diffrence yet

·
Registered
426 Posts
yeh. the 2AZ-FE engine does have a lot of potential, but Toyco engineered the engine to stop the engine from going past 6200 RPM..haha it is gonna suck when u have over 400+ HP and the max speed u can go is 127 MPH haha..but yeh good luck with the tC

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know there is a way to pass the revv limit 6200 is not cutting with me right now...

why should i go turbo or nitrous?

how fast can i be if i just go all motor? or

is this car meant for an aftermarket turb or superb or wet/dry shot nitrous..

all i want to know is how i can take out the revv limit...

if i cut a wire or install something or have to wait for parts...

how did kenny tran make his revv at 9,000 rpms...

if he could do it i know there is a way

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
He didn't plan on keeping it in one piece for a long time.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You don't know much about engines do you?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
So why do you think Toyota put a 6200 rpm redline on the engine? It has nothing to do with the brand name.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah man if you read some of the topics in this forum you will learn what we all now know and have learned from many knowleagable people here, our motors have to be built to really get anything out of them, I am not motor expert whatsoever but I know that there is quite a bit of modification to do before you can make any type of power, our motors or dependable and rock solid, but what I would do is turbo or supercharger with about 5-7 PSI. Well, thats what I will be doing this summer anyhow...

But trust me when I say reading the topics will help you out tremedously.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hehehe... faster car without spending any money, just raise the rev limit, I cant believe that anyone can work on a car or even drive one for that matter. Do your home work on the car first, learn from others let other people blow motors.. learn from the mistakes.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Maybe the answer to this guy is for us to just tell him how to change the rev' limiter and let him blow the motor... ricers only learn by doing, and "doing" usually involves blowing all their money on stickers that add 5hp each, a "universal" muffler tin can that adds at LEAST 15hp... and don't forget nitrous, hey Blazian, why don't you throw a 150 shot of nitrous on the car, it is by far the most cost-effective way to make your car faster... and also, consiquently, the most cost effective way to blow your engine.

Can anyone say Darwin Award candidate in waiting?

Good grief.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You guys know how much respect I have for this forum, and I am by no means justifying what this guy's trying to do. However, from the posts I've read, it doesn't seem to me that he's been disrespectful or rude to anyone on the board, but is just really ignorant about this stuff and made the mistake of not reading up before asking questions about stuff he doesn't understand. I still think though that some of the responses have been somewhat harsh, and although I'm not one of the older members on this board, I don't think this is the way we should deal with his questions, idiotic as they may be...

I'm not trying to be a smartass, and I usually don't have a problem with the usual sarcasm, but this attitude might drive away some new members.

(Just my opinion, nothing more. Don't come barking at me saying he's a h8ter or I'm a ricer)

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
You're a rice h8ter.

I think you're points are well-taken, and they should carry no less weight than those of us who have been here for a long time. I agree with you that we should try to be courteous to people asking questions (provided, of course, that they use the Search Function and attempt to answer their questions that way before populating the board with subjects that have been touched on repeatedly).

Good points, Pharoh.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I fully agree I personally am ten times more willing to help then even think about critisize (or however you spell it) anyhow, forums are designed to help and to chat about things that have happened and basically share experiences and cool mods that some might not think is cool but others think is totally rad...other than that I have to agree that a newer member who has not been used to our sarcasm should get the upmost respect since they are new, and then we slowly break them in!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I did try to break him in slowly. I responded quite respectfully to his post about Kenny Tran running 9000 rpm, even though he asked if he could just cut a wire to make the engine run to 9000 rpm. I even responded rather politely by saying his knowledge is pretty obviously limited about engines. That's when the rest of the pirranhas got into a feeding frenzy.

I see this on the same level as taking pictures of your dirty car and saying "Look at my rad ride." You ask for it, you got it, Toyota!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.