Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k.. I keep all of my change in my ashtray. And after a few months its pilled up.. and when it was shut I guess some change slipped under the little door and so it doesnt open up all the way.. so my question is.. Is there a way to take the little door off so I can get all the change out from under it? or am I just screwed?

thanks.

· Registered
204 Posts
I had the same problem. Easy fix. That part of the console it very easy to remove with just a pull in the right direction. First question is ....5 speed or auto? Maybe it says in your sig but I did not read that far...........Anyway. Turn that dog upside down and shake. That might even pull out itself but I don't remember now.
Oh and be careful if you have the interior lighting kit. The wires run under that part and you could pull them from the cupholders. Still an easy fix.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
one, that isnt an ashtray. two, this somehow made it into the exterior styling forum?
word from the wise, empty your change more frequently.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol srry i thought i put it in the interior forum.. guess not.. but i have an auto.. any quick fixes apprieciated

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
there is no real quick fix. it has happened to me once and been corrected, and it is like that again - i need to heed my own advice.
drop your car into neutral, pull the knob, and remove that center console. there are screws in the bottom of the center console (by the 2nd 12V power point, under the fabric liner), the rest pops up. doing that should free up what is stuck, and at least cause it to drop out of the way. or you can remove the clips that hold in the lighter, your shift panel illum, etc.. and take the whole thing off. either is not difficult, just be careful. removal is easier, pull firmly but dont yank (i know, thats what i told her, too) and watch the clip points on the replacement - make sure they are lined up proper before you push or you can bend a clip.
hope that helps a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.