Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a stupid ticket because these apparently are too blue...They put off no blue light whatsoever when shining on something white....So now gotta get the white H.I.D bulbs instead...

· Registered
453 Posts
where did u get the ticket? not a huge fan of cops for reasons like this

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Ol Venice FL

· Registered
4,327 Posts
That's pretty close to my hometown (Sarasota). I haven't been back home for almost 2 years though I wouldn't know anything ... I like the blue though ... not flashing blue lights in the rearview mirror.

· Registered
453 Posts
####ty, i definitely like the lights, and i can see the blue, but i just disagree with cops giving tickets for these things, i just feel like there is so much more out there worth ticketing, lights being too blue are not that distracting anymore now that so many cars have HID....

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Emergency vehicles are the only ones allowed to have blue lights. Yours clearly look blue. You got the ticket for a reason, sorry.

· Registered
1,860 Posts
I don't think that they look that...blue just a hint of blue and I would think since they don't shine blue it wouldn't matter, but I am not the law up there

· Registered
509 Posts
I would have to agree those are really blue. I mean I have seen the lights with the bluish tint but not that pronouced. Your lucky you only got a ticket for having blue lights, they can sometimes give you a ticket for impersnating a police officer. If you want a blueish tint to your lens just put in an LED it works just as well.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Sorry, but those are definitely blue. I have been known to drive around with blue headlights, too, but that doesn't excuse either of us.

· Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Jul 10 2005, 04:21 PM
Emergency vehicles are the only ones allowed to have blue lights. Yours clearly look blue. You got the ticket for a reason, sorry.
or you can live in a state that allows volly Fire/EMS blue light permits and specialty license plates.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It comes standard with sylvania 9006 headlight bulbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.