Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there ever going to be a big shipment of TCs to the dealers? Or do I have to order mine to get one?

I got approved for my loan already, I got my $2k down payment ready, but I don't want to order it. I want a chance to see all the colors on the lot before I choose. I've been to the dealerships every week since the TC came out and all the cars that come in are already sold. I'm wondering if they will ever send a large shipment instead of like every week or so.

Also did anyone purchase the extended warranty? The roof is sweet but people are already talking about popping noises and its making me a little nervous.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by deuce_TC@Jul 12 2004, 08:04 PM
Also did anyone purchase the extended warranty? The roof is sweet but people are already talking about popping noises and its making me a little nervous.
Welcome to the site.

And i must admit i did
Not so sure about it now though. With mine i also got free tires for life (Technically 5 sets) All my regurlaly scheduled maintenance for the next 75k miles and a 7 yeqar 100k warrenty. So i figured why not. I just hope swapping my spring, exhaust, sway bar and intake wont void that sucker. I'll be PISSED. Cause i know it wouldnt void the Toyota standard warrenty, just the parts i changed. Any wau that went way OT.

As far as your orig. ?, i dunno.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks C!ph3r.

I think I'm gonna go for the extended warranty. I figure if they are only gonna make the TC for three years, and it will most likely be a hot resale car, if you sell it still under warrenty you'll get a good price for it when its time to upgrade to a different car.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I may be wrong, but can't you always buy an extended warranty any time during your original warranty period?

(I think I know the site I read that on, but I'd have to go searching for it if someone think that isn't right...)

Also, mind if I ask how much that warranty cost ya'?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes i mind. what type of man do you take me for. J/K
If i could remember i would tell you. I kinda blanked the whole purchase out of my head while driving it home that day (the day after my b-day i might add). I was a little happy. I could look into it for you. I am sure it will very from dealer to dealer.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
7yr/100K from me is only $782.00

all tC's are virtually order to get it right now. as far as big shipments, the tC is 50% of my overall scion allocation. ie: 15-16 cars per month. this is exactly the situation that occurred when the xA and xB were released here last june. more interest that vehicles.
consider this. i had a 35 person waiting list for them before they hit the port in long beach. since then, those with deposits we order cars for from port first. then, if there is a leftover, they are available for anyone. for every car i deliver to a customer, i get two more people on my list, and one more deposit. makes it hard for us to even consider having a surplus around. best bet? put down a deposit, and order that elusive car. your dealer cant do it for you? give me a shout, i deliver cars out of state all the time. happy to get you what you want.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just re-ordered my tC from Longo Scion (one of the biggest dealers in So. Cal) and he said for the flint mica and black 5 spd it was going to be a 10-14 week wait. For all other colors, it would only be about 4 weeks. I considered the other colors but flint mica just turns me on so I'm now waiting 10-14 weeks which means I'll get my car in Sept. (BLECH!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, my dealer told me that only in September will they begin getting huge shipments of the Tc, but right not it is order only and the waiting list is getting bigger and bigger.They are requesting a $100 refundable payment to order faster.
But was told the wait will be about 4 weeks.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^^^^ yeah, thats about what my wait is like now as well. especially in the flint mica, either xmission. 7 of the nine deposits i have for the first august shipment are asking for flint. if you want a different color (and heres hoping people do) my wait is about 2-3 weeks right now for an available unit, but deposits come in daily. its going to be touch and go with this car until at least september now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 13 2004, 05:34 PM
your dealer cant do it for you? give me a shout, i deliver cars out of state all the time. happy to get you what you want.
Okay,

So about two weeks ago, I put down a 500.00 deposit on my M/T BSP tC. My dealer's "Guarantee" is 90 days, and 300 miles. meaning that it will be within 300 miles of the dealer within 3 months.

My deposit has not been "cashed in" by the dealer...is this/could this delay my order? is the 90 day thing accurate? I've read some posts by dealers saying that BSP's are on a 9month delay!???!?!?!

HELP ME I AM IN AGONY!

any ideas? advise? thoughts?

do you deliver to TX?

·
Registered
793 Posts
First of all, no idea about the 90 day wait...that seems a bit exaggerated.

Also, don't worry about your deposit not being cashed yet. From what I can tell that's the way they are all doing it. My dealer said he isn't cashing mine until my car gets here and I sign the papers....then he'll cash it as my "first payment". I bit more than my first payment would have been...yes....but fine with me either way.

Either way, good luck on your wait!

·
Registered
675 Posts
talked to the dealer.. and they aren't getting as many manuals in.. Looks like Toyota underestimated the demand.. From what the dealer told me is that if someone wants a manual.. put a deposit down, it then goes into the allocation computer, and toyota WILL send you one.. Guess by september they're supposed to be back up to full speed with the inventory.. so for now a deposit would be the best bet..

looks like they made more auto's.. my auto was found after a week.. so total time for my wait will be about 4 weeks.. should be about the same for a manual.. maybe a week or two more.. those dealers who say 90 day waits.. are nuts.. toyota isn't THAT far behind.. the better selling dealers are getting more of the cars, scion is playing favorites.. sell more cars, get more allocation..

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, but when the dealer calls you and says they've been allocated your car, that's when the waiting game starts, right?

·
Registered
675 Posts
well the waiting starts? hmm.. i guess.. lol dealer just got one allocated to them for my order.. it's on a boat in the pacific right now.. should reach the port in seattle in a couple of days, guess it just left the factory in japan.. they say about another 3 weeks, since it's the customs people who have to let it in the country.. that takes 7-10 days.. then by rail and truck to the dealer.. another week.. i'm just glad they found one.. i think it's pretty cool they just came from the factory!

it's like christmas!!

so what is status G? for good? let me know..

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was told status "G" means "On grounds"....."F" means "Transit"...and "A" I think means "In Allocation." The wait for A is estimated at 4-6 weeks, usually.

GRATS on hearing about your car!!! And good luck with the wait!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well I talked to my dealer and he said that the allocation went something like this...

7 Flint Mica tCs for the next month 6 of them were automatic...

Nice huh?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
all 4 dealers around me only had autos, so in s. fla yeah manuals are order only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well, um, depending upon how picky you are, you can find some m/t's on the lot. The dealership where I bought mine had two (flint and white), plus an indigo a/t. But that was at a dealership in Harrisonburg VA.

-- Of course, being concerned about how I don't look good in grey and wash out in white, I went for the color over the transmission. :) --

keep the faith.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts