Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that wants to put a tv in the tc?

I want to put a in dash tv but not sure if it would fit correctly. The radio is kinda recessed and I'm thinking the tv would rub against something going in and out. And since I don't have mine yet I can't measure. Anyone got thoughts on this?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just installed an Alpine IVA-D300 over the weekend.
I used a Xa/Xb dash kit upside down, so the pocket is on top and the radio is on bottom, and had to fabricate my own mounting brackets (the one's in the kit wont work).

The monitor had to be spaced out about 5/8", which puts it almost flush with the kit, but still recessed from the dash in order for it to open to a viewable angle. It looks pretty good for a quick install.

The only problem is that you cannot close the Scion door all the way because the volume knob is in the way. This is all temporary anyway until I do the whole system with custom carbon fiber and fiberglass panels. I'll post pics in a bit.

PICS!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
While on the Dash subject.....what color gauges does the cluster and radio/ac controls light up at night? It doesnt get dark here in Alaska so the sells guy didnt even know. LOL And whats the color changing feature? Thanks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I dont think our cars change colors. If so i havnt figured out how to do it. The lights are amber.

·
Registered
619 Posts
yea the other Scions you can do that with but i dont think this one does. but dont quote me on that

·
Registered
335 Posts
The radio display changes colors. It has 10 different colors pick from or you can pick mixer and it changes through all the colors every 5 seconds. I don't know if all the radios have this feature but I have the 6-disc changer and it has that feature on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alpman... your future plans for the tv sound hot. I'm just a little nervous about doing a lot of custom work to a brand new car.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by deuce_TC@Jul 13 2004, 09:09 PM
Alpman... your future plans for the tv sound hot. I'm just a little nervous about doing a lot of custom work to a brand new car.
The cool thing about the radio cover is that it is removeable with just four screws on the back of tha bezel. Years after I make the "custom" carbon fiber dash kit to take up all the rest of that giant hole in my dash, and want to sell the car, the radio cover and stock radio can be reinstalled exactly as if it were brand new. No modification to the dash is necissary and yet will have a custom look to it. There is plenty of space to do a double DIN monitor or even a motorized double stacked with a processor. The only modification will be to drill new mounting holes in the factory radio brackets simply to fit the radio flush (remember how recessed the original radio is with the cover). I will keep you posted on the dash and the rest of my system as it progresses. Will post pics too!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
who's tC are those pics from Eric??

·
Registered
793 Posts
LOL...I was reading through the first part of this post and was about to go reference the same pics 'till I saw your post, Eric. Funny how pics and stuff get around so fast...

That unit looks great but, if I remember correctly, it's $2,000+ which definitely isn't in my budget.
Maybe I can look into getting a unit w/o nav, but that will look/fit the same in the tC. Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
that looks hot, but like loopy, i just dont hve the funds, and if i did i'd prolly get the supercharger first.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wow that thing is a beauty! I'd prefer that sweet looking thing over a supercharger. I'm starting to have doubts for the S/C from financial logic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow that's some seriously cool stuff..lol
I was about to ask if it was possible to install a gps system into the tC, and it seems my question was answered by those pics (i think i saw a pic of gps in action in there..)..lol

Although I wonder is it possible to install it somewhere without having to do some major modifications, while still keeping the original pioneer deck? I'd kind of like to be able to use the gps and radio at the same time without having to switch screens all the time...
(i'm not sure how that screen works exactly but from what i see you'd probably have to switch on screen controls all the time to switch between stuff like gps/radio controls/etc..)

·
Registered
793 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts