Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the security system with the car and was curious who else did and what they think about it?

To clarify, I dont have it installed yet..

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Camel@Mar 10 2005, 11:49 AM
It's my understanding that you can get a much better system for the money they charge for the Scion alarm system.
Too late now. they are already installing it.

at first i thought it was too much, but, if they install it, they have to fix it. plus, they said it is going to take 4 hours to install (that right there pays foritself in labor). not including, i will get a discount on insurance for getting it. (that was one of the questions my insurance agent asked me when i was telling them all the info.)

all in all, i think it will be worth it.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Mar 10 2005, 12:18 PM
Did you ask how much would that discount be?
well they were telling me that the car already gets a 20% discount (or up to i think..), for being so safe, so that just helps out i am sure. they didnt say exactly, either way it helps out.

· Registered
108 Posts
My old car had a viper 791xv installed in it for 400 dollars. This alarm has two way system, remote with car indicator thing on it, keyless ignition, and many more things for much cheaper. The stock alarm is a rip off IMO. It cant be worse than having no alarm though so dont feel bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.