Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering because I have a tC and I was looking to put the TRD exhaust on it, and was just wondering how it sounds or does it sound pretty much the same as the manual?...If you have the TRD exhaust on your Auto tC could you tell me how it sounds....would be awesome if you could get a video too.. thanks

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
The idle is one of the best parts o the TRD exhaust and that will sound the same no matter what transmission. The exhaust adds a nice throaty sound overall but is not overpowering at all. It is surprisingly good sounding for coming out of a 4 cylinder. Zoltiz posted some videos while he had it on his manual tC if you haven't heard the exhaust at all. The chance of making a video is about slim to none as I will be out of town about or extremely busy 3 out fo the 4 weeks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A somewhat negative opinion on the TRD exhaust with the automatic.. I am not crazy about the sound. It is because most of the time I drive fairly conservatively. The automatic does a lot of shifting. believe it or not you really do not know it much if you have the stock exhaust unless you are looking at the tach. It is a smooth shifting automatic under light loads. With the TRD exhaust it kind of "drones" at you after the shift because of the rapid drop off in RPMs. Now I agree it sounds good when you keep your foot in it, but if you are just putting around town, it gets on my nerves a bit. I think i would like the exhaust tone overall much better if I had the manual transmission. To each his own..I may be getting too old for the extra noise. It seems like the tC is a pretty refined car with the stock system and not so much so with the TRD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.