Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2006 TC for two weeks now and I'm a nervous wreck about driving it, getting dents, paint chips, etc!!

Anyway, I have been looking on E-bay for various accessories for the car. I purchased a cargo mat for $33, which is great. The carpet in the trunk is kind of cheap (like a number of things on the car), so I hope this will help protect it. It's really nice and I'd recommend it.

I have already noticed a lot of marks on the door sills and wondered if anyone had anything to say about those metal door sill protectors (are the worth it, etc.) Also, are the floor mats worth buying? I didn't buy them from the dealership for over a $100, but I found a Toyota dealership who has an online store on Ebay called Irontoad Toyota Parts (from a Toyota dealership in PA) who sells the official accessories very cheap. I bought the cargo mat for $33, and the are selling:

Scion TC door sill protectors - $75
Scion TC mats - $76
(just to name a couple of their items)

Since they are cheaper, I was wondering what you all thought? I didn't want to pay that much for floor mats, but are they worth it? The ones I bought don't cover the entire floor and my left heel is rubbing on the floor. I don't want a hole!!! Thanks guys. Lisa

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Welcome to the site. Make sure you check trdsparks.com before you buy off ebay. I guarantee you Ken will have your stuff to you sooner than the ebay seller. Prices are probably better, too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah trdsparks.com is a very good site. I think the floor mats are worth it (Even though mine were free
) but they protect a lot and you can take the top part off for when you are at snow or something so the carpet doesnt get wet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the SCION floor mats but bought another set of rubber mat from BJ's wholesale for $20 (4 pieces) to put over the SCION mats. They are rubber with deep grooves and so they trap dirt and water well. I'd rather keep the orinal mats nice and clean.

If you plan to carry things and have the rear seats fold down, consider the cargo liner which can help protect the back from dirt, etc.

Cargo Liner

Also, you may have not considered this, get good wash mittens (the wool ones), drying towels, brushes for cleaning the car. I also bought a $20 portable vacumme so that I can vacumme the car easily.

Also, get interior protectant to protect the interior from the UV ray so it doesn't fade or crack.

The door sill protector is more of a decoration than anything else since the door sill does have a rubber protector on already. Heck, but it does look good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I know you can get a deal better than that form trdsparks on the door sills. I saw them on a fm at the dealership yesterday, they look sweet, I'm gonna get em for my car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.