Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy hi, all! I just found this forum and I'm mighty glad I did. I am looking at rewarding myself with a new Scion tC once I graduate college on May 3rd, 2005.
I'm moving to Pierre, South Dakota, shortly thereafter (if I get a tC it will be after I move to SD, late May sometime)to take a job I just landed in Pierre. I'm now going to school in Rolla, MO.

Very anxious to graduate and get to work...this is a second career for me, after spending twenty years at Boeing as a Technical Illustrator in Everett, WA. I'm going to school to become a Respiratory Therapist. I have so far learned that it is definitely a very special science all of it's own!

Hey, about the tC and members of this forum. Anybody here that lives anywhere in South Dakota? I mean, probably not..it's the 16th largest state geographically but comes in 46th in population with something like 765,000 people. Anyhoo-I look forward to hearing from y'all and learning more about this great new car from Scion. I want a Black Cherry Pearl one but I just saw a silver-ish looking one that looks great and the dealer in Sioux Falls, SD(it may very well be the only Scion dealer in South Dakota!!)has a 5-speed tC in that silver color! I won't be back there for another month and a half, though! Can they fly it down to me in Missouri? Sure they can-at no extra charge, either! We were just there for my interview last week in Pierre. I can't wait to move there and start my new job and hopefully start driving a new Scion as well! Excitement!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on finishing school and your soon to come new career. I would guess that that tC won't last unsold for very long.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plissken-why is it that some dealers have some tC's on their lots and others have you order them? Do they just order a few to put on their lots for test driving and to see if the options and color works for somebody and then sell it to them, if they can? Sounds somewhat logical. The tC is the only car that looks good in silver to me, really. I like that Black Cherry Pearl color, Absolutely Red (of course!!) and the blue color the most. But silver looks really sharp on this handsome little coupe, too. I'm gonna work on getting one of them, in a color I dig! That silver one will sell before we move to SD I have a feeling.

Another question for ya-how do you like Chattanooga, TN? I saw some ads for Respiratory Therapists in Chattanooga but never pursued them. Is it a cool city to live in?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
It is a great city to live in but it is a much nicer city of you are already married in my opinion but maybe I'm wrong. The downtown is great and there are tons of things to do for kids if you have them. The schools are a bit disappointing and I say that as an employee of them. If you don't like humidity you won't like it here in the summer but the winters are mild.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as humidity goes...no, I don't really like it. That's one of the reasons I took the job in South Dakota. I guess their average humidity level there is around 30%-suits me fine. It will get really hot there in the summer-just not humid and hot.

It gets really hot and humid here in mid-Missouri, too. One of the cool things about a medical career is that you can move around and live and work in several different areas if you want. We won't be glued to mid-South Dakota for years if we don't want to be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I get a tC it looks like I'll be the only 'Your Scion tC.com' member in the state of South Dakota. I was just there for my job interview in Pierre and I didn't see a single Scion on the road anywhere in that state.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! I know, South Dakota is like that. Except for Sturgis and Foghat in July, or Mount Rushmore, it's like, cast your fishing pole and enjoy the solitude. We're gonna dig exploring it in our sweet tC!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't forget plenty of Foghat and Tragically Hip CD's, some flavored pretzel chunks, some of your favorite beverage on ice and to just know the fact that you're driving a quality Toyota product into that there SD wilderness does wonders!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now, now...it's not that desolated, there are people and stores and roads and boats there. Lots of guys come into central SD to hunt birds. Yikes. I think we'll fire up the tC and steer clear of 'em.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I've let the passage of time try and persuade me against buying a new silver tC from Billion Automotive in Sioux Falls, SD. Time's not convincing me to hold onto my '01 Kia Sportage 4x4! I want a tC! Trouble is, my wife says new cars are too expensive. Humm...what to do. Payment-wise, we still are paying off our Sportage. 29 payments left, it's worth less than I owe by at least $3,000. Anybody owed more than their trade was worth when you traded in? Did they give you a reasonable amount on your trade-in? If they can give me a reasonable allowance on my trade and eat up a little of that negative equity I'd trade right away next month when we get to South Dakota. What do you guys think? Hold or trade? Hold, or trade?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.