Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a service department in the LA area that knows how to fix the dreaded hatch rattle. Mine developed at around 700 miles. I'm at 1,300 now, and it seems to be getting worse. I only hear it when I'm on bumpy roads, but I commute through the canyons, which are basically nothing but bumpy roads.

So far the only story I've heard of a dealership getting a bead on this problem was a dealership in TN, and I believe Scion corporate had to get involved. My 95 accord that I traded in rattled less than this car. It's really an ugly scar, on what is an otherwise great car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, well I'm taking my tc in this tuesday to get its first oil change, the recall work done and to try to get the hatch rattle fixed, I called in asking if they knew about the rattle. I am taking it to the LongoToyota/Scion dealership, "#1 Dealership in the USA" they said that they have been able to fix this and if they can't diagnose the rattle quickly they will contact other dealers to get info on it. I'll post a second message on tuesday after i take it in to see if they can fix it. hope this helped a bit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Longo Toyota huh? Mine was rush ordered from their log to Bakersfield overnight. I haven't heard any rattle from my hatch at all. I know my license plate rattles from the bass but I plan on fixing that soon anyway.

Let me know how your appt. goes at the dealership so if I do start to hear a rattle I can fix it too. Oh, one more thing. This recal, my dealership hasn't heard of it yet...what should I do about it because they won't fix it until they hear something from HQ.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Any word on Longo fixing the hatch rattle?

or any other dealership in socal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.