Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Good luck, about the best deal that will fit is the 5 Ziegen GN+ like Low Bucs has, 8.5" is a nice trade off, 245's are wide tires!!!!

My 235/40/17's look really wide on 17x8's, they are.

About the only wider wheels I know of are very very costly.

Rick

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Ya will need new tires every 15k

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
You mean like why would you stagger the wheels on a FWD car with the wide ones in the rear? That's a great question.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
You're not supposed to lift the throttle in a turn on a FWD car. Besides, who cares what the back is doing? If it wants to come around, apply throttle to straighten it out. Tires won't fix lack of driving skills.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ok, Let's be nice, usually I am the one flaming against goofy "tuner" mods, lol!

As per my PM to you, stay with the same size front and rear, wider is better as well as more a lower offset number.

In Lowbucs case he has 8.5's so the +42 offset works fine. For 8's go with a +35 offset.

Also, if you are not lifting and the rear is coming around you probably have way to much air in the rear tires or a big sub box in the back. I run the rears a bit lower than the front usually a couple of pounds.

When autocrossing I run them alot higher than the front so it wants to come around, as Lowbucs is referring to, use the throttle to steer then:)

Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.