Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's not laser, it's optical... and optical mice are cheap now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought the antenna from them, plus i got some screen protectors for my

cellphone, they are cool.. they also accept paypal... feel free to browse.. they

have some other stuff that are cheap

·
Registered
100 Posts
is anybody worried about radio reception with the shorty antenna? for those with them... are they purely decorative or can you actually listen to the radio? all the descriptions i've read of them say something similar to: "Reasonable FM/AM reception under good radio reception coverage only *" (how sketchy does that sound?). now, don't get me wrong. with an mp3 playing cd player, i hardly ever listen to the radio. but i also can't really understand putting a mod on the car that actually makes it perform worse (don't tell that to the CAI guys... lol, sorry).
i do like the look of the shorty antenna, though. i'm just wondering if any one makes a well engineered shorty antenna that acually works as good as the factory one. now, i'm not an electrical engineer, but i would assume it's not that hard (just wavelengths and resonance and such).
maybe the factory s2k antenna is the way to go... it is OEM afterall.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by peglegskier@Oct 25 2005, 06:01 AM
is anybody worried about radio reception with the shorty antenna? for those with them... are they purely decorative or can you actually listen to the radio? all the descriptions i've read of them say something similar to: "Reasonable FM/AM reception under good radio reception coverage only *" (how sketchy does that sound?). now, don't get me wrong. with an mp3 playing cd player, i hardly ever listen to the radio. but i also can't really understand putting a mod on the car that actually makes it perform worse (don't tell that to the CAI guys... lol, sorry).
i do like the look of the shorty antenna, though. i'm just wondering if any one makes a well engineered shorty antenna that acually works as good as the factory one. now, i'm not an electrical engineer, but i would assume it's not that hard (just wavelengths and resonance and such).
maybe the factory s2k antenna is the way to go... it is OEM afterall.
Mine works at least as well as stock if not better when it's good weather out, but if it's raining heavily, it does not work as well as stock. I wonder how the rain/moisture is affecting it. When things dry up, it works wonderfully again.

-Ed

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
All radio reception lessens when it's rainy out. Clear days my alarm clock radio will be clear as a bell, rainy days it'll be half-static.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Teammate has the exact S2000 antenna - he said he got it from the Honda dealer for $18.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It should just screw in without any modifications.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I was Looking at the description under that Antenna and it says-
"Reasonable FM/AM reception under good radio reception coverage only *".
Souns a little shady. But who knows. Just thought was kinda funny.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.