Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't like the stock antenna and was wondering about a good alternative. Also is the install a simple twisting of the antenna similar to the shift knob? Also after getting the obx shifter the black rubber pedals seem out of place. Does anyone know how to install the pedals and also of a good alternative other than the obx?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
As far as the antenna goes, just search for "scion tc" on eBay and you'll be bombarded with 8 million listings for various kinds of "cooler" antennas. I honestly don't get it...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Also, in terms of the shift knob, this is the one that I got on ebay, made by momo:

I think the silver insert matches the dash perfectly, once I get it in the mail, and install it, I'll take some pics for ya. I would also recommend other momo shift knobs, they look great, although a bit expensive. I'd recommend checking out ebay for them, and you'd prolly save around $20 that way. I got mine for $80+$5 for shipping, but no most sites this knob is about $102. So shop around, and find what you like. MOMO ALL THE WAY, BABY!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
oops....didn't realize you were talkin about the pedals, not the knob. I'd also recommend momo for pedals, but imo sparco's also very good.

·
Registered
614 Posts
the stock antenna is really the best antenna for reception. anything that is smaller than the stock antenna is not going to give you the same quality reception. but if you really want a smaller antenna, do a search on ebay for JDM Altezza Antenna. you should get a bunch of listings for it. that is the antenna that i got. it is the exact same antenna used on the Toyota Altezza in Japan so it is toyota quality. look through the lisitngs for a deal.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^ I remember reading from one of the posts on here that someone replaced the stock antenna with the smaller one and the reception became worse, so they ended up putting the stock one back on. If you're doing it for looks, then I say go for it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Aug 26 2004, 10:45 AM
Also, in terms of the shift knob, this is the one that I got on ebay, made by momo:

I think the silver insert matches the dash perfectly, once I get it in the mail, and install it, I'll take some pics for ya. I would also recommend other momo shift knobs, they look great, although a bit expensive. I'd recommend checking out ebay for them, and you'd prolly save around $20 that way. I got mine for $80+$5 for shipping, but no most sites this knob is about $102. So shop around, and find what you like. MOMO ALL THE WAY, BABY!
thats a nice knob!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Aug 26 2004, 12:50 PM
^^ I remember reading from one of the posts on here that someone replaced the stock antenna with the smaller one and the reception became worse, so they ended up putting the stock one back on. If you're doing it for looks, then I say go for it.
actually, that was me!
sorry, i forgot to mention that i didn't keep the altezza antenna on my car, i took it off and put the stock one back on. i actually bought it for my corolla but i kept it when i traded the corolla in. my corolla didn't have a high quality sound system like the tc's pioneer system so i never noticed much of a difference of reception with the corolla. i can definately see a difference with the tc though. so, yes, if you replace your antenna with anything that is in any way smaller than the stock antenna, you will lose some reception. whosthatrussian is right, it is just for looks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by ycart1201@Aug 26 2004, 03:51 PM
thats a nice knob!

Nathan
ycart1201
you said knob

sorry couldnt resist

1 - 13 of 13 Posts