Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whoaa...Southwest Freeway at Gassner Road, southwest Houston

Car Hits Guardrail, Flips On Freeway
Driver, Passenger Treated For Minor Injuries At Hospital

POSTED: 10:22 am CST November 25, 2005
UPDATED: 10:31 am CST November 25, 2005

HOUSTON -- A driver hit a guardrail and lost control of his car, causing it to flip over in the middle of a southwest Houston highway shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday.

The car was traveling south on the Southwest Freeway near Gessner Road when the accident happened.

The driver and passenger were transported to Ben Taub Hospital with minor injuries.[/b]

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Only minor injuries from THAT?! Wow... glad to know our cars work... Looks like that one had side curtain airbags too. Makes me feel better... Just in case.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
another tC to add to my wrecked scions folder. ah, the selling power of non-fatal accidents.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cars are supposed to crumble. That's how they keep you safe...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Angrybutcher@Nov 26 2005, 07:56 AM
Cars are supposed to crumble. That's how they keep you safe...
Exactly. Which is more important, cheap to fix you or cheap to fix the car? I guarantee you, your insurance company would much rather fix/replace a car than fix you or compensate your heirs.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Having had someone close to me almost die in a traffic accident earlier this year, let me tell you, the importance of good, safe design of a car cannot be overstated.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Nov 26 2005, 10:52 AM
Looks like the doors bent completely out. wow
It might be that they bent them out that way to get the driver and passenger out.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'd much rather have a car crumple than have me crumple.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I hope I get a tC... my parents... are slowly starting to be.. more hesitant to help me get a loan now because they think i'm too "brave" when I drive because I asked if I could get my car before winterbreak so I have something to take to tahoe with my friends

·
Registered
291 Posts
These pic's always make me feel so much safer, the cabin always holds up! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Why would the tC become blacklisted? Why would any car get blacklisted unless it was a flaming deathtrap?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.