Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup.

finally got a new tc. FINALLY. after about a year of lusting. via some unfortunate events to my prior car, i now am the proud owner of a BSP 5sp. only thing I got were the mats and am going to get the alarm installed this week.

going to order the springs this week as well as sway bar. then tint, and eventually a trd exhaust, but prob not for a good while. i am kind of digging the quiet ride for once compared to my previous car.

other than that. thats about it, i am tickled pink that my dealer had one ON THE LOT when i called yesterday with the EXACT one i had been wanting for some time. went in this morng, did the paper work, and done!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by moriarty@Mar 5 2005, 08:25 PM
welcome, enjoy.

btw, what was your previous car?
5spd base matrix, 03. with trd cai, exhaust, eibach sportlines, progress rsb, and ground wires with a cheapo ebay stb.

i am very happy i got this car, however, there are a few things that i am not happy with, but they are little, and yes i am being picky.

1. the stereo plain out sucks compared to the crappy delphi stock HU i had in my matrix. it sounded TEN times better. it even had a MIDRANGE on the eq, all this has is a treb and bass. eventhough it has all the other presets for xb and all that, i am still not impressed whatso ever.

2. i miss the compartments in my matrix, like under the shifter was my garbage, this car doesnt have any comparments like that unfortunately.

B. eventhough it does have an outside temp reading, i enjoyed having it in the gauge cluster right in front of me.

IV. the angle of the shifter is different (i realize it is a different car before i get flamed), on my matrix it was angled to the inside a bit which was comfortable than straight up and down, at the same time, this shifter is WAY quieter, WAY less clunky and whole lot smoother.

D. I miss the light meter thing that automatically kicked the headlinghts on when it got dark in the matrix, i never had to turn on the lights they just came on, which was nice.

F. i am either not used to the brakes yet or maybe its the abs, but with my matrix when i tapped the brakes they would grab, these they dont grab, they are smoot to slow down, i dont feel like i am stopping, but its probably the abs which i have never had.

things i do like so far:

1. its dead freaking sexy compared to my matrix.

2. did i mention that i am going to put springs on it that is going to make it even more sexy, not to mention a nice tint job to compliment the drop.

B. it has a crap ton more stuff on it STOCK than my matrix did, and thats a big plus.

6. its black, which again makes it dead sexy!

VI. Its WAY quieter than my matrix, which i am digging for now!!

9. it shifts way better than my matrix.

44. it has way more power STOCK than my matrix.

thats about it for now, otherwise i am completely happy with my new purchase and i will shut up now!!

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by r2tc@Mar 5 2005, 06:33 PM
F. i am either not used to the brakes yet or maybe its the abs, but with my matrix when i tapped the brakes they would grab, these they dont grab, they are smoot to slow down, i dont feel like i am stopping, but its probably the abs which i have never had.
I have notices the breaks a little different that what I am used to as well. I think the tires have something to do with that. huh. maybe some different pads and tires will help that out for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Mar 5 2005, 07:15 PM
Are you getting the alarm by Scion? You should get an aftermarket alarm if you are.
First off, congrats on the tC! I'm still waiting on mine to come in. I, too, ordered a BSP.

Anyhow, I had a question about the installation process for aftermarket alarms. I plan on getting mine done at my local Best Buy (I have a friend who works there, so I can get a discount).

I understand that installing car alarms is pretty similar for a variety of different cars, but since the tC is fairly new, would car installers have trouble setting up a car alarm, or does it not matter? I'm not a very car techy person, so I'm totally clueless. I really don't want these installers to do any guess work as far as installing stuff on my soon-to-be new car.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good deal on how you purchased your tC. Glad like many you're happy with your new ride. I'm considering a tC also. The panorama moon roof and standard options you get on more luxorious cars definitely sways me.

At one point I also considered a Toyota Matrix.

What holds me back (other then not being to afford a car right now) are the problems a first year car can have. ie: moon roof/hatch rattling. Though thankfully I am reading less of those threads these days.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by SilverX@Mar 5 2005, 10:15 PM
Are you getting the alarm by Scion? You should get an aftermarket alarm if you are.
well, the thing that sucks is that it is 495 bucks! at the same time, my insurance offers me a discount for getting the scion security system. so, the way i look at it, is that it will pay for itself over the time i own it from the "savings" they give me. plus, the dealer installs it which is good also. i love how everything is incorporated into the key, that just completely rules!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats, Bro.

When are we going to line them up?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's the clickity clickity magic of Windoze. It just keeps going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.