Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a small car audio competition today. It was at a small car shop that just got a new meter. Anyways I went up against about 5 guys, most of them said they bought their equipment from Circuit City or Best Buy. One guy had two Alpine Type R or S and I demolished his score. His rattles were louder. The last guy I went up against had me pretty good, he was running 3 12" forgot who made them, but he hit pretty hard did about 3dB higher than me. I think he could have hit harder. In a true competition though we would have never competed I think he was in a different class than me.

The two alpines never had a chance. Once he got them knocking hey kept trying to raise the volume trying to get more out of them but finally just started to distort. The first guy I went up against had 2 12" Sony xplodes and they just sucked. Even the Alpines blew him out of the water. But over all it was a fun day saw some really tricked out rides.

There is another competition in SC I might be going to so if any of you are in the area I'll try to post some details soon.

Cheers!
~Michael

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might try to make it up there for that one. If its a points system I know a couple of guys that might go too. They will definatly blow some people out of the water, they hold a few records if memory serves me correct.

Thinking about putting togeather a Team eXtreme don't know yet, tons of work if you know what I mean.

Michael

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I think the points sys. is only good if you're a member of USACi (soundoff.org) but the way they did last year's show turned out really well. I'm gonna enter this year.

I'm looking for some people to start a new chapter of Tuned Addictions in other areas if you're interested check out my website... it's a little different than the last time.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Against the 4 people I went up against, the alpines couldn't keep up with me, I was hitting a lot harder then him. We won't even talk about those Sony xplodes, they just sounded like crap.

For the competition the alpines were not good. They arn't competition subwoofers and couldn't put out.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the first Sony I have ever seen somebody try to use at a competition. I didn't think somebody would actual use a Sony to compete. The rest of the car was nice, was a Red Acura Mirage I think. The Alpines are popular here, specially with the joes (military) and so I compete against them all the time. So when I say another one bites the dust its because I have beating a lot of them. I am still waiting to hear those new subwoofers I think put out under the Puff Daddy name or P-diddy name.

In this town since people saw alpines on Fast and the Furious they think they are the best, heck ever sense Pimp My Ride swtiched to MaAudio I have seen a spike in people knowing the brand by name now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.