Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does everyone mean by "you just need to angle it correctly" when your lowered how do you avoid scraping, do you just slow down? I've seen a lot of threads saying somthing like this. Is scraping that big a deal? I don't want my fuel tank to blow cause of scraping so help! (BTW: I did a search)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Scraping occurs on the front lip mostly. And yes its a big deal cause you can damage your car. Angle it correctly means.. say when you aprroach a speed bump you may have to angle the car so one wheel goes over at a time. Same thing applies when going to a steep driveway or some other drastic change in pavement. The more you lower it the greater the risk of scraping. I am going witth the TRD spings so it shouldnt be a major problem

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I have scraped twice ever and one of the times was because I was just going too fast. It is not a big deal at all with the TRD drop.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
haven't scraped yet.... angleing is when they let one wheel at a time go over a bump instead of both at once..... it cuts down on the compression of the springs.. and the chances of you bottoming out

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have the trd spings and havent had a problem yet. the drop is enough to close the wheel gap and improve the look and performance of the car but not hurt the drivablility.... wow i should be sponsored from trd

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'm at stock ride height and I've had the nose scrape a couple of times. My Supra is lowered and it's a PITA on anything like a rough road or a steep incline.

·
Registered
282 Posts
talk about one of the worst places to have a lowered car (San Fran)...of course NJ isn't much better for different reasons.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
San Francisco isn't that bad at all. I've been there many times in my tC. Scraping on the hills? No, not at all. The rotten streets are far worse than the hills.

·
Registered
282 Posts
if it's rotten streets your looking for...Jersey is the place to be!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
No doubt. I haven't scraped but i've heard the wheels rub when i hit a big bump too fast.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Then your wheels are not a right fit. They should NEVER rub. EVER. Mine do not no matter how fast I drive or how big a bump I hit. I have had the car airborne and have never rubbed a tire even on landing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.