Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For reasons unknown, the clutch decided to weld itself into a single piece today. This meant no hope of going forward without a clutch and flywheel. Unfortunately, Ben is in Louisiana, not Alabama or Georgia. Had he been in either place, it might have been possible to continue.

To throw salt in the wound, the main fuse died while attempting to hobble back to Auburn, AL because they have to start the car in gear (no clutch) and shift clutchlessly. So, after three (or so) starts, the main fuse decided it had seen enough current and it blew about 200 miles from Auburn. They're waiting for Brock Yates to show up with a replacement fuse right now. Once they install the fuse, they're hoping to get to Auburn where they can lick their wounds and plan for next year's assault.

Sorry Ben! Congrats for making it as far as you did. Next year will be better!

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
damn it...that sucks. That's the kind of year I had last year. Sorry about this Ben, I know it meant a lot to you. Hopefully something better comes of this. Freak accidents have a funny way of serving a higher purpose at times.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
well, I've seen this problem in people who like to start/store their vehicles in gear. but i don't know the actual cause. It happened to my buddies WRX a while back I think.... I 've only heard of it happening a couple times.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Honestly now, the clutch? Running all sorts of crazy sh!t under that hood and the clutch goes out? Didn't see that coming before an engine issue. Lame as nuts, Ben. Hope you get it back together soon.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Thanks guys! Well right now we are 45mi north of Mobile unable to start the car, can't figure out why. Luckily we are only 200mi from home (never thought I'd say that), getting a tow truck back home. At least its only $2.50 a mile for the tow (compared to what itd be from Iowa or Wisconsin).

I'll build it bigger and better for next year, it was a great experience. Even if I knew this would all happen again I'd still do the One Lap. If I got back to AU soon enough I'd just take the Tundra to finish the event.

Huge shoutout goes to Brock Yates for picking up fuses for us and giving us a helping hand!

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Damn man I was hoping you would kick some ass out there and take some names as well. Oh well I might have to head out your way b4 I get out of the Air Force, to see your beast.

Mayb next year you and I will be there together
I got some plans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.