Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I would like to say I'm kind of new on here and I spent a some time going through the posts during my wait for my Tc, which I just picked up a few days ago, and this forum has been very helpful in answering a lot of my questions, thanks.

ok. Here's what I'm putting into my car:

two 10W3 V2 JL Audio 10" DVC subwoofers (rear corners of the trunk)
500/1 JL Audio Mono Amplifier (storage space by the spare)

I'm running them off the stock headunit with Scion RCA wire adaptor plug kit.

Now my concern is that someone said putting the amplifier there by the spare might burn it up because there's no airflow. Can someone give me input on this? Is it going to be alright putting the amp there? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot guys. My friend is already done with the fiberglass and a wood board as the new trunk floor, but we haven't put anything in coz the rca adaptor I ordered is not here yet. So I'm gonna talk with him about the amp location again.

Originally, we were gonna put the subs behind the rear seats on the sides and mount the amp to look as if it's floating. The idea didn't work coz I didn't wanna sacrifice much trunk space, the ability to recline the rear seats, or not be able to take out the spare tire. So, I'm stuck where I am right now.

Thanks again JLTD for the info and Josh, it'll be great if you can put some pics up whenever you're done and let me know how everything works. BTW, what are you putting in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.