Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got the 240 watt amp alpman recommended. My project is as follows, I am replaced my HU with a computer and a 7inch touchscreen. My problem is that how do i connect the speakers to the amp. Do I have to run new wires to each speaker, or is there a harness availble? I tried searching on the net for a harness but couldn't get a clear result. Also, I am planning to wire the amp under the driver seat, how can I run the power wire to be hidden?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
biostar m7ncg 2400+ mobile
90watt car psu
20 gig hard drive 2.5''
touchscreen is the pointing device
windows xp
onboard sound via 5.1 nvidia soundstorm

I know I am supposed to run mini stereo cables to rca to the amp. But what about the speakers, how do i get the wires to the amp?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks like a pretty kewl setup. I missed the touchscreen as the pointing device in the orig post. You have some real potential w/ the 5.1 card. It'd be pretty awesome to set it up in 5.1! But even 4-channel surround will be pretty impressive.

So, the mini jacks to RCA's will be just fine. You'll need a wire harness to get power to the car PSU and run the speaker wires to the amp. You can use the Ignition wire from the harness connected to a toggle switch to turn on the amp. You can get this wire harness from Crutchfield Item #120701761 for under $10.

You'll also need an amp kit to install the amp. Crutchfield has this as well, Item #575RP1710 for under $15. This one does not include RCA's and you shouldn't need them since your running the mini jack cables.

Running power from the battery to the amp is not that difficult. Just read up on it here:

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=795

Alanthing has some pretty good insight on how to run the rest of the cables here:

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=power+cable

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask. And keep us posted on how it goes. I'm real interested to see how the puter setup works out.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sure you can, but I doubt you'll get it much cheaper, plus end up paying overpriced shipping costs and you won't have the warranty or tech support Crutchfield offers. It's up to you, but I think their prices are pretty good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone know where i can run the speaker wire from the head unit to under the passenger or driver seat so that it cannot be seen? Im wondering if it is possible to run it through the console some how.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am not sure if this helps but after a hour of poking around I got my wires ran in my standard tran. tC. There is a bunch of cables comming through the firewall under the wipers. If you push it up with you fingeryou can slide your power cord there and then go over the stering shaft and through the clutch bracket and then feed it in the clips that the facotry has under the side rail on the drive side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.