Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've managed to plug everything into my amp and its power light turns on... but i have a small problem... my subs don't get any feedback yet

i've managed to narrow down my problem to a few suspicions and am hoping you guys might help me out

1) i'm using the stock deck so i bought a line out converter as well as other harnesses to wire everything... i'm thinking perhaps i plugged in the converter wires to the wrong harness... can someone confirm which harness they go to?

2) is the line out converter perhaps not compatible with my deck? i bought a generic one at frys

3) something i am not aware of because this is my first time wiring an amp and i was learning as i went along

thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont have any experience with a line level converter on this car but you might try to get a cheap amp/voltmeter from a hardware store or Walmart and test for a signal going in and out of your line level converter. Electrical problems may seem hard but you just have to take your time and go throught the system logically. Someone else may know more about this specific problem but this should give you a good start.

·
Registered
59 Posts
its possible that the line output converter isn't giving enough voltage to correctly run your subs, i have no idea what the output voltage on the loc is, but it would be best to get it tested with a voltmeter

also, when ur playing music, are your subs moving at all?? if they are, but they're moving a little, try readjusting the gains, if they aren't moving check the loc

actually after i wrote all that i think i might have figured it out, do u have anything plugged/wired into your amps "remote turn on" ?? if you don't, thats the problem, you should plug that into the 12v ignition wire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help... i figured it out -- apparently the line output converter needed to be grounded... and now my system bumps!

one last problem -- my amp turns off when i put it in cd player mode... is this because the amp power wire is connected to the antenna power wire and not to a constant 12V wire?

·
Registered
453 Posts
definately yes...lol good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.