Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JL 500/1 pumpin 2 JL 12 w3v2's and I wondering if I mount them in the quarter panels or under the trunk matt where the spare tire is would there be enough air flow to cool the amps.. Or does it matter? I am setting it up this weekend and I am hoping I can get all the info I need.

Also can someone tell me what to expect when I pull the dash off to get the oem cd player out, as far as wiring is concerned. I have the scion wiring harness. Is it going to be connect here and here and then butt connect it to the cd player and Im done? Is it that easy? Let me know please. Thanks guys.

AMP ? is a need to know thing. Soo please post about the amp location temp. Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
453 Posts
okay i mounted under the trunk mat...and i have a rockford 1001bd....it has always stayed pretty cool.....but for me i was worried about temp too. but u cant pass up a stealth install like that....theres just so much space down there....heres what i did...

remove the styrofoam cutout on the right.....and place ur amp there....find a way to secure it.....ill explina my method later....

my amp never got too hot so i dont think u need to worry (note: my amp does noit have a cooling fan either) so if urs does that u are in even better shape

now heres the only problem i faced.....

once i was all setup and i put my subs in....they were heavy enough to warp that trunk cover thing, and i just hated how it looked....

so i custom cut that styrofaom thing to fit my amp and cap and still support that trunk cover...

but again if you are worried about heat, a few pieces of wood or anyhting like that would adaquetly hold the cover in place.....and still maintain ventilation...

if u have any more questions let me know i am more than happy to help....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.