Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just thought I would share my experience with everyone to help out. Also I believe it was Blackforge who asked me to take some pictures so I did comply. So if you are thinking about mounting you amps behind the back panels you might want to check out these pics to get some ideas on how to do it.

This is the Passenger side

And this is the Drivers side

Let me know if you have any questions.
I guess I lied this really isnt a tutorial its just some good closeup pics to get an idea on how to brace the amps.
Have fun
Adam

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually the black brackets are from an old CD changer. They are the mounting brackets that came with teh changer. The Aluminum ones are just some angle aluminum I had laying around. I cut them with a chop saw and drilled the holes. Aluminum can be cut very easily, so I recomend it for this type of project. You can get all types at home depot. Now those Brass angles are just some old things I had laying around in my tool box and seemed to do the job so I used them. Basically I didnt feel like going to the store so i just used what I had.
peace
Adam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good stuff, looks like I was on the right track. I just need to extend my brackets a little bit and maybe shorten their "width". I probably would have gotten to that point eventually, but I think I ended up with minor heat stroke this past weekend during the install and got sick heh. Oops..

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks great. One sugestion though. I would like to see at least three of the four mounting holes be used on the amp. That would make it alot more secure and stable. But you got the idea, that's for sure.

BTW - How's the ProtectoWrap working out for you???

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I was going to put another bracket but surprisingly when everything is tightened up its very taut. The protecto wrap definently worked quite well. I did however use dynamat and a spray 'quiet kote' on the doors. Basically just used the spray on the inside of the door and then put the dynamat on the outside of the interior side of the door. I must admit the dynamat is much easier and nicer to work with and seems to be a better quality. But for the price of the protecto wrap the extra work and ability to double up is well worth it.

Oh and Alpman I have to show you my box, it was definently inspired by yours. I did have the idea to put a carbon fiber box in that corner, but after seeing yours it all came together.

I still need to work with the ABS though. I was going to do carpet but after seeing how clean your ABS looked I decided to learn something new. So, If you have any tips or tricks for forming that stuff let me know. I am planning on just getting out the old heat gun and taking my time and trying to use the panel that was pulled out to get a few of the shapes from.
Anyway, thanks for all of the help.
Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.