·
Registered
4,964 Posts
EJECTO SEATO! Lol.

If they're heated, how'd you do it?!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
no you do not have the only tC with that. Mostly everyone who has gotten leather as either an option from the dealer...or katzkins, has gotten this....and that is quite a few people.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by nY1018@Nov 28 2005, 01:57 PM
no you do not have the only tC with that.  Mostly everyone who has gotten leather as either an option from the dealer...or katzkins, has gotten this....and that is quite a few people.
Damn, oh well
. I got my Katzkin done at my dealer but they didn't even ask about heated seats so I had to do it myself.

It gets REALLY cold in Rochester, so I decided to install these over Thanksgiving break. It involved taking the leather seat covers off, but it wasn't too bad. Only took me a day or two to do everything and make it look as close to OEM as possible.

Danny

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i guess you could kind of say its both a seat cover and re-upholstered. but it does definitely replace the cloth; i.e. when you pull back the leather seat cover, there is no cloth underneath- just foam and the metal frame of the seat itself.

in that sense, the katzkin leathers are in fact seat covers, but they do have piping and zippers and are secured by hog rings and elastic straps underneath the seat.

hope that helps

·
Registered
108 Posts
what if you want your stock upholstery back?[/b]
I got my stock upholstery back after my Katzkin install. I'll probably never use it. I just put it in the pile of stock parts that I've replaced so far.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Saw a Red Tc In Buffalo with the same exact buttons in the same exact place!! also the club on the steering wheel in a grocery store parking lot????? lol and it wasent in a bad area at all....

·
Registered
113 Posts
You had leather seats installed at the dealership? I'm from Rochester too, and that option was never available to me...not that I actually wanted them, but that's pretty interesting that they were offering them if you did.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the comments, guys! I just looked around and that seemed to be the best stock-looking spot to put the buttons.

boricua82: I go to school in Rochester, but I'm from New Jersey- that's where I bought my tC. I will make a writeup when I get some more time; hopefully by then more people will want to know

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.