Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to accesive audio in rockville, MD incase anyone has heard of them. They do amazing custom work. I got quoted on a few things and was wondering if anyone new if these prices were resonable?

full trunk fiberglass box half painted half "leather" vynal - $2200
2, 5" headreast monitors - $750
1, 7" monitor mounted on dash infront of passenger seat - $400
DVD player or PS2 mounted in place of the glove box - $550

Everything other than the headrest monitors would be fabricated out of fiberglass and painted. These prices also include the cost of labor.

I am going to get this done I just don't know where yet. If you know of anywhere else that may be a little bit more resonable with pricing but still do a show quality job please let me know.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I am assuming thats including all of the hardware. If so then no those prices are not bad at all. Definatly would want to see some pictures of the install afterwards. Also if you want to use your car for competitions then try to get some pictures while the work is being done. Sometimes the judges like to see the how the install was done, it can boost your points.

The monitor in the front dash is what I want to see, because they have the airbag there they have to work around. Would hate to see a 7" monitor flying at me at 65+mph hehe.

Cheers!
~Michael

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... the 7" will be a difficult thing to do because of the airbag. I am not sure if I will do it or no because I have to sign a waiver releasing them of any fault if something goes wrong with the airbag in an accident. This is because to be able to hide the wires they would need to drill into the dash wich houses the airbag. I plan on making this car a show car in the future (in a year or so when I can get another car to drive) and so it may be worth it to get it all done at one time because they would give me a discounted price.

Would hate to see a 7" monitor flying at me at 65+mph hehe.[/b]
Actually it would not fly at you because the dash itself lifts up to deploy the air bag and the monitor would be attached to the dash.

One other question. Does anyone know if you need to get some kind of special insurence to cover all of this or would it be covered in a full coverage polocy?

·
Registered
515 Posts
You need a special insurance. Right now I pay about 15.00 extra a year to cover my car audio equipment in theft. If I add any video products then I need to get a different type of insurance addon that covers video products. They said thats about 30.00 more a year. Well worth it!

I had to give them pictures of the equipment, serial numbers, and MSRP of each product. ALWAYS give them the MSRP price its higher than what you actual paid but that just means you get more money so you can replace your equipment. The insurance is well worth it, when my stuff got stolen out of my last car I had it insured for $2500.00 and they were pretty good about getting me a check quickly so I could replace it all.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It amazes me how labor rates in the 12 Volt Industry seem to be frozen in time. That's what I would have quoted 10 years ago when I was still in retail. I know that the cost of doing business has gone way up since then however.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well they charge $75/hour for labor. But I think that they gave me a discount on that since I am getting it all done at once. I have to leave my car in the shop for 7 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.