Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on TRD Sparks the other day to see if anything is new, under 2007 tC there is a listing for Toyota brand LED lighting that apparently has two light bars on each side so you can mix and match your colors! Has anyone actually seen this product in use? Will I be able to get this for my new '07 tC if its Toyota? I wonder if there are still lights in the cup holders... I liked my glowing blue bottles of water...

Here is the link to check it out...

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?...24&parts_id=792

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this have fun, as in actually have fun. Or "Have Fun" as in this is gonna be a b*tch to do. I mean I have pulled the console apart before for other mods, but I am not too keen on electrical work and don't wanna mess something up. Would rather have professionals do it and know its done right without the hassle. Plus if you seen the price its not too bad and probably cost the same to do what you have shown. Right? But yea, your stuff looks really good though...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just ordered the kit from Sparks yesterday so it will be a suprise to see what exactly I get. I will put up pics when I get it installed. So is anyone else going to have any thoughts about this, or that was it??

·
Registered
445 Posts
umm no that is WAY more expensive than oznium.com...but hey whatever u want man

oznium.com =
2 12" bars $6.95
2 leds for the cupholders $2.58
plus shipping $3.95

grand total=$13.48

$136.86 - $13.48= $123.38 (total savings)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah before I knew anything about anything, I bought the kit from TRDsparks, I received it and THEN found out about how cheap LEDs and cathodes are. I sent the kit back to TRDsparks and bought my stuff from Oznium and did it all myself (without ever doing it before) cuz it's really not that hard. You can do SO much more with Oznium and it'll still be cheaper than getting the Scion kit.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Scion OEM amber kits surface on eBay for about $60 shipped. I got me one recently - enjoy having all the necessary wiring and parts in one kit

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
^^ I guess I need to start watching ebay now. Been thinking about adding the lights for a while.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by JustWhite@Sep 24 2006, 09:56 PM
umm no that is WAY more expensive than oznium.com...but hey whatever u want man

oznium.com =
2 12" bars $6.95
2 leds for the cupholders $2.58
plus shipping $3.95

grand total=$13.48

$136.86 - $13.48= $123.38 (total savings)

I never said anything about it being cheaper. But still you need a lot more than this and to know what you are doing a whole lot more than if you have a complete kit. Ok so you have a couple bars and some LEDs, now what??!
You still need wiring, switches, relay, etc. etc. Its gonna cost more than $14 to do, sorry...

·
Registered
445 Posts
well i can tell you right now that i could do everything that "KIT" does for less than 20 bucks. plus it would look cleaner than that "KIT"...i did my air vents, rear cupholders, front cupholders, footwells, cubby hole, speaker grilles, and my door pockets for less than 50 with switches, fuses, and wiring. looks pretty darn good IMO...alot better than the "KIT"

mine...

the "KIT"...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No doubt, yours looks very sweet. Don't compare against the Amber though, thats not fair. I met a guy with Amber and I had Blue in my '06 and even mine was much brighter just between the two Toyota brand. Well its too late, Ken and Josh at Sparks just sent this morning. Now I just have to actually get my new car to put it in. I'm sure I could do this for cheaper, but I will get a OEM style kit for not too much more.

·
LED Maniac
2,967 Posts
hey paul... welcome to ystc!

now get back to work! lol..

hmm... i got so many ideas in my head.... not enough money... BOO...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by WhiteBlazer01@Sep 26 2006, 10:56 PM
Yea, I don't like the factory lighting kit. It looks much better (and far less expensive) if you go aftermarket with some cathodes.

Luminosity, nice Avatar. "It's gooood! I liiike!"
Jagshemesh! Thanks for the comment, can't wait for that movie..>!
Yea, I will see what happens with the kit and than maybe try some of this stuff you guys are showing me to supplement other areas of the vehicle. I have developed a penchant for colored lighting in my car; WelCome to CLub tC...!
Thats why I like the Auto-dimming mirror, 4 additional lights in the car to mess with, plus I haven't seen too many people with it...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by JustWhite@Sep 25 2006, 02:32 PM
the "KIT"...

No, here's a properly installed OEM amber LED kit.

$60 off eBay, about an hour to install. Not a trace of it during the day. No visible tubes - nothing.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nice job dude, horrible color though

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by oneil261@Sep 27 2006, 09:12 PM
nice job dude, horrible color though
That's a prefernce thing. I like it OEM-looking, subtle, matching with the rest of the lights (instrument cluster, HVAC). I'm too old to rice out a daily driver

1 - 20 of 23 Posts