Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading many topics about stereo setups and what to use Alpman and his smarts have inspired me to compile the following ingredients into my tC stereo system, Lemme know what you think. here they are:

Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS----for the fronts
Alpine Type-R SPR-17LP----for the rears
Alpine Type-R SWR-1041D ----sub in Alpman's custom box! (whenever its ready)
Alpine MRV-F450 ----to power everything

Alpman do you think I should use different amps for my speakers and sub, or will the one amp be enough to power everything....not looking for really loud bass, just good sound quality and a nice punch.
oh yeah and I have a bulk pack of Dynamat to make it nice and "solid"

THANKS FOR YOU HELP

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Looks like the speakers I'm using that are going in on Wednesday, thanks to Alp's reccomendation. I with with the MRVF400 amp though since I have the stock sub option. Which I will change it all out when the Sub box is ready.
So I'll probably get a separate amp for the replacement sub that will go in.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Glad to hear it, guys. Sounds like you'll have a great setup. I'm happy to help, anytime.. Getting closer to taking those pre-orders on the box. I'll keep you posted.

East_Side,

The only thing I would change is the sub. Use the SWR-1021D or the new SWR-1022D (available end of Feb). You need a 4 Ohm load for that 5-channel amp. Other than that, the MRV-F450 will do niceley for the rest of the system.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Greg, it's safe to say that you've made your company a good amount of money through your posts on yoursciontC. I was opposed to Alpine before, and you brought me over. Great work!

·
Registered
542 Posts
i just went and ordered my self a 12" type r (dual 4 ohm) and a matching mono block amp. hope it sounds as good as everybody here makes it out to be when i get it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.