Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have an Alpine IVA-D900 mobile video unit along with Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS front components and Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP rear speakers. The interior speakers are being powered by a JL 300/4. I have an Alpine MRD-M301 amp powering an 8" JL w7 in a ported box.

now my main question is what frequency should I tune my head unit to and JL 300/4 amp to, to get the best possible sound out of my speakers. Should I tune anything else on the amp or head unit?

Thanks for your help. This isnt for a Scion but I remember you from browsing these forums long time ago.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
730 Posts
80 Hz is a good starting point for the x-overs, both hi pass and low pass. You can adjust it to what sounds good in your particular setup, but that's a good start. It's all a matter of preference anyway. I have mine set up at 71 Hz low pass (sub) and 63 Hz hi pass (front/rear). I like the overlap. It gives me a bit more mid bass kick. However, you are running an 8" and will prolly like it right at 80 for the sub. You can try a little lower on the front/rears. They will handle it no prob. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you use the x-over built in the head unit, there is no need to use the one in the amp. Turn them off and just control it from the head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.