Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone (especially Mori, Wolo or Alpman) know the settings for the time correction for their Alpine decks in their cars. My car was recently at the dealer and I lost all settings. If you have this information I would greatly appreciate it to be posted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm sure it will most likely be slighly different, but on my Eclipse with stock positions used, (tweeters up in pillar), my tweets have no TA, L midbass 1.3ms. Thats only if your seat is where mine would be, and your the same height as me.

I'd get out a pen and a paper and quickly do the math.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Yeah, every car will have a slightly different setting based on the speaker distance from your head. Alpman was gracious enough to set mine up, but I too lost all the settings during my flywheel install.

Mori lost his when his car was in the shop.

We're all screwed without Alpman.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No your not. Take the measurement from say B to head, C to head, then convert to cm to get A.

A= (B-C)/34

Say B (Left) is 50cm away, C (Right) is 200cm away.

A = (200-50)/34 = 4.4ms

Measure from the center of your head, to the center of the cone on the driver. Try to be as precise as possible.

I simply take out a CD with a very defined center image and go to work that way.

I image it should be about 1ms-1.5ms dependant on seat position.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I totally forgot that it had to do with your height. Its been about a year since I set mine and I was just being lazy cause I diddn't want to get a tape measure out. I just got my car back from the dealer and the stereo just does not sound good right now without the settings. I guess tonight I will have to go through the process again. For the other people that have lost your settings. If you do the measurement process like demon said above and then go to the following link: http://www.alpine-usa.com/support/main/support.htm#

Alpine will tell you the ms distances to import into your car. If you have a burner you can also burn the settings onto disc and then put the CD in your car and it will automatically configure the settings.

·
Registered
730 Posts
nrhansen is on the right track. Just take the measurements at the driver seat from each speaker to it's respective ear (LF and LR mid range speakers to left ear, RF and RR full range speakers to right ear, Sub, if you have one, to top center of your head) and write them down. Then go to the website and input the measurements. It will make the calculations for you. You can either enter them manually or download them and burn to a cd. Time correction makes a HUGE difference but only if it is done correctly!!! Take your time when taking the measurements.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got my car back from the dealer and redid the sound settings and everything is back to sounding good. However I think that in the time that I didn't have my car my ears got pickier because now I think I finally have to put dynamat in. UGG.... If its not one thing its another.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Get your Protecto Wrap here!

I ordered through here and used this on my car. The guys were extermely helpful and professional with my order, and it showed up pretty quick.

Have some acetone nearby when you're installing it, though. Your tools (knife, scissors, or whatever you use) can get gummed up a bit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
it is thinner, I just doubled up with it. You will have plenty from one roll to do it. I ordered 2 rolls and dynamat door dampers. Used the dynamat on the doors, and protectowrapped the rest of the car and doubled up in the noisy areas (floors, wheel wells, etc..) and when I finished I didnt even touch one roll of it. Sold it on ebay and made a profit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.