Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was just wondering something for future reference. The Alpine KCA-420i ipod adaptor that works witht he new Alpine head units with CD changer controls connects the Ipod to the Alpine head unit via iNET plug. Now will this adapter work alog side an existing iNET CD changer? Or will I have to get some other adapter to split the connection to allow two iNet connections?

I have a Inet CD changer which I want to keep, however I am toying with the idea of getting an IPOD and adapter in the future. Will these work together???
thanks
Adam

·
Registered
453 Posts
u will have to find a way to split the signal (not sure about the new models) but mines the release prior to the glide touch thing and my kca-420i connects to the changer output of the deck

·
Registered
453 Posts
^ not sure if its possible to split the signal as i think about it , it may come down to one or the other

·
Registered
730 Posts
KCA-410C is the piece you'll need. The adapter allows you to add 2 changers (the 420I acts as a changer) and 2 AUX inputs to your head unit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so it looks like I would have to add over 250 bucks worth of adapters to my CDA-9847 just to be able to use an Ipod. poo
Is there another way? Maybe just using an Aux input and wire and controling the ipod from the ipod instead of the head unit? I looked at the specs on this head unit on Crutchfield and it says AUX input optional. So does that means I would have to buy an aux input adapter to wire the ipod to this head unit?
thanks
Adam

·
Registered
730 Posts
The Aux inpit adapter (KCA-121B) takes up the Ai-Net changer port. You would not be able to use a changer AND the AUX input. You would still need the KCA-410C in order to do that. And if you've gone that far, you may as well get the iPod adapter so you can control it and see the ID3 info on the deck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.