Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you have been asking about double DIN solutions for the tC. Here's a little tidbit of what's coming in 2006 from Alpine. You may want to wait for this one before spending alot more on some other brands...

Here's some preliminary specs...

6.5” PulseTouch™ Display
Swingface™
Clean stealthy appearance
DVD Audio Playback
DVD-MP3 Playback
Processor Control Ready
Multi-Channel music playback with DTS®, Dolby Digital® & Dolby Pro-Logic II®
Full Speed™ Connection for iPod®
Percentage Search for iPod®
Quick Search™
BBE
50W x 4 (18W RMS) with 3 Pre-Outs
Ai-Net (V-link, HD Ready, Sat. Ready, etc.)
Dedicated Camera input
Remote control included
Bluetooth Ready
1 AV out

Target MAP Price $999.00

Wuduyall think???

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Sweet. That's what i'll be getting!

PS.. does it work with the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
He posts and disappears, leaving us all with unanswered questions!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vey busy these days with CES, new product intros, Dealer Agreements and what-not.

Full Speed iPOD no longer requires an additional black box, it is a direct connection to your iPOD using an optional $30 cable to connect it. No more protocol translations to slow down the communication, hence "Full Speed iPOD".

The unit is a self contained 2-DIN unit, no hideaway box!

Release should be around the end of the Q1 2006 (that's March, hopefully).

The Navigation solution I cannot say too much about. You will be able to add NAV to this screen with full touch controls, traffic updates and much more for about $1k or take it on the road with you in ANY car, even a rental!!! Can you say... P o R t A b L e ! ! !

Anything else I missed???

·
Registered
847 Posts
yes... can we use the iPod cable already in our 06 tCs or do we have to buy the alpine cable?

i am very intrigued about the portable nav... does it interface with the deck so that the images are displayed on the deck screen or is it displayed on the portable unit?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.