Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought and installed an Alpine CDA-9856 along with a KCE-422i, which is the new Alpine interface for iPods. Rather than a separate box, it's just a cable that you can route anywhere you'd like. I'm really happy with it, Alpine hit the nail on the head. The cable is only 30 bucks, which is way better than any other solution for iPod connectivity. The head unit is decent. It definitely sounds better than the stock one. My only real complaint about it is that the FM receiver doesn't seem to be as good. I get a bit more static on the radio than I'm used to. Overall, though, I really dig this new setup.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep in mind that I can control my iPod through the head unit. I don't have to keep my iPod out all the time. I just shove it in my glovebox. Plus I am FAR from being an audiophile. So my $200 head unit is more than satisfactory.

· Registered
407 Posts
When they make an HU with an interface that's as slick as the one on the iPod itself, then I might consider controlling it via the HU. I'm not usually flipping tracks while driving anyway, I just set it and go.

I assume you got a remote that also allows you to control the iPod via the HU? If not and you have to push buttons on the HU, that's no better than having to touch the click-wheel on the iPod.

As long as it makes you happy, that's all that matters.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, no remote. As for the interface, it works the same way as the iPod itself. You use the volume knob to file through tracks. Very handy. It supports a remote, but I would never use it anyway, so I didn't bother to get it. I've had remotes in the past, but I never touch them.

And yes, I'm very satisfied with the product that I bought for myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.