Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I narrowly missed getting my baby total today, which is funny because I had a dream that my tC was vandalized. I was trying to get off the freeway and I guess the exit was crowded and everyone started to hit their breaks. I hit my breaks and looked in my rear view and noticed a Toyota 4runner was at least 5 feet behind me I just knew my car was going to get totaled. But I guess the tC Gods were watching over me because the guy was somehow able to stop his truck from hitting me.

I guess the moral of the story is if you had a bad dream about your car, stay your ass at home.

Does anyone have any near misses?

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Glad you and your car are ok. I think everyone has one of these every now and then, and they are always scary.

·
ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
That's exactly what happened to my Honda (RIP) and almost happened to my tC when some chick spun her Suzuki Sidekick out in the middle of a turn ramp. Scary.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Got run off the road today on I-85S by a semi, I was able to avoid it safely with no damage or harm coming to anyone else... unfortunately had to run off into the median for a bit so my freshly washed car got mud _ALL_ over it.

No harm, no foul... so didn't report the semi.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I think I accidentally cut someone off yesterday, but they were able to switch lanes in time. I was behind a huge SUV in the left lane on a 3 lane interstate. Then, this salt truck started dumping salt like crazy a little ways up (even though there was absolutely no ice). The SUV started to slow down quickly, and at the time, I didn't realize that the salt truck was up there, so I freaked out since all this crap started hitting my windshield and the SUV was slowing down. Thought something like an accident was happening, so I swerved over into the middle lane. Halfway over, I noticed a van right behind me swerving into the right lane.

I'm usually pretty good about checking, but just slipped up. I don't think it was all that close though. Still feel kinda bad.

·
Registered
792 Posts
This past Friday I was taking an exit off the freeway, when this old lady decides last minute that she wants to exit also, so she shoots over into my lane nearly missing the barrier, and spins out of control ending up sideways in the middle of my lane. Im now coming at her at 75mph (keep in mind shes sideways and all shaken up after spinning out) so Im now braking, and deciding what to do, because Im not off the freeway yet, and if I come to a complete stop Ima get rear-ended. The old lady shook it off and quickly reversed off the road and I just squeezed by doing 45mph.

If you miss an exit on the free way, please if possible, take the next one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.