Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zaino seems to be the hot subject for the board recently.....I rave so much about it but never post pics, so here is my Zaino'd tC. Please keep in mind that the picture quality is severly reduced but you can still see that awesome shine! - t

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I was going to start another Zaino thread, but you beat me to it.

This weekend was Zaino Weekend. I finally got all the different products from Zaino and was determined to get at least a few layers of protection on. My paint's in good shape right now, so I skipped the clay, but started with Dawn, followed by the Z1, Z5 (remember those minor scratches I freaked out about last week?--GONE), and Z6. Then I got up this morning, gave it another bath in Z7, then another battery of Z6, Z5, and Z6. The paint looks awesome and is smooth as you could want it.

As the day went on, I was getting ready to throw the car cover on it (no garage), when I saw that bird had taken its first crap on my car. I was pissed that I couldn't get through the day before that happened, and I ran to grab my Z6. I blocked off the area I was going to spray with my microfiber cloth so I didn't get any overspray when my hand slipped. The crap came right off like the car was coated in teflon. I was shocked to say the least.

I can't wait until the next time I wash it--Z2 is going on next.

On a side note: after the Z7 wash this morning, I decided to break out the electric leaf blower and see how well that dried off the tC. If any of you have one of these available (and a few layers of wax on the car), I highly recommend trying it out. You can blast the nooks and crannies that the water hides in and the water just sheets off the car. Awesome!

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
This weekend was our Zaino weekend as well... First on my tC and then on my g/f's Eclipse... After over 7hrs, much of it under flood lights, and getting home after midnight (was at my parents house), I'm too exhausted to go into detail, except to say that we used dawn, clay bar, Mr. Clean Auto Dry, and Zaino Z1 & Z2.... We're going back over tomorrow (left the Eclipse there) to do some minor detailing, see anything we may have missed, and spend the rest of the day swimming & relaxing!!!
Have a great Labor Day everyone!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hahaha... we're all inzaine!!
I had two Zaino weekends already. I also used Dawn, Z7, Z1, Z5, Z2, Z6 multiple times.
The only thing I noticed was that after I zaino my car... bugs really like to fly into it or craw on it. Its wierd... I don't know if they are confused or dazzed about the shine or if they're attracted to the zaino smell... oh well.
I would post pics except my car is parked outside most of the time and its already dusty.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes my car is claybar'd........that was the fun part!!! Its awesome to see everyone going the Zaino route, i know you will all enjoy the shine and unreal protection that it gives! - t

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am about to order some of the zaino stuff right now. Never used it, but I have read everywhere that is the way to go. Maybe I can turm my dad on to it if I have good luck. He is a die hard Meguiers fan. He owns his own auto body shop, so its going to be hard to do.

Ah, yes. Spending fifty bucks for polish because I had to have a black car. I like punishing myself, I guess. ha

late

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've always heard that Carnauba wax is the best; anyone ever try them?
Hmm, Zaino isn't a wax.. so it makes my post irrelevent.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Silver, carnuba is the base of all natural wax's, it comes from the Carnuba tree. Synthetic wax/polish (such as Zaino) do not use carnuba. Just a thought - t

·
Registered
228 Posts
cool sig, wolo!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts