1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
mos def alot better than the 90's rav 4's BAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I like how they swapped in the 2.4liter engine the tC and Camry use instead of the scrawny 2.0 that used to power (or not) the thing...

We owned a '96 RAV4 and I drove it during my HS years. That thing was so much fun (low weight) but damn it was slow. This engine will give that bad boy some much needed giddyup!

-Ed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Along with the larger size, the 2006 RAV4 may also get a larger engine, at least as an option. Most speculation points to the use of 3.0-liter V6 with upward of 230 horsepower, but no concrete details have been released. The current model is one of the few compact sport-utilities with four-cylinder power only." I got that from an Edmunds article from two weeks ago. Toyota will probably be showing it at a few car shows. There is one in Frankfurt in a few weeks, it may pop up then.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
2az's rule.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Aug 31 2005, 03:00 PM
Ed, when Toyota updated the Rav4 for the 2005 model year they gave it the 2.4 litre engine our cars use.
That's the year I meant; what I didn't realize was that that image is the third-gen model.

-Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.