Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get an alarm system in my car for sure b/c my dad says insurance will be down a little when putting an alarm in. I was wondering if i do not get the stock alarm system and put in say a viper alarm system would it have a difference in insurance prices since one of from the manufacturer and one isnt?

thx

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
No it shouldnt make a diffrence. Unless ur insurance ppl are anal.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It shouldn't matter. Just bring in the receipt from the purchase of the alarm, and the receipt from the installation to your insurance agent (or mail it to them) as proof. It won't help alot, but it may save you a little on your comprehensive insurance

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just to let you know. I told my Insurance Company that my car has an alarm and is garaged. Its has neither. They dont check.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If nothing else, don't forget to tell them about the engine immobilzer that is on EVERY tC.

The insurance company should like the fact that they might be able to break in a steal a few things, but they won't get the whole car without the key.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by SHAGGY@Aug 13 2004, 09:32 PM
Just to let you know. I told my Insurance Company that my car has an alarm and is garaged. Its has neither. They dont check.
Yea, they don't check, until someone breaks into your car and the police report says otherwise. Either that, or you pay for all the damage to your car and whatever was stolen out of it.

If you get caught, your policy is voided -- i.e., you pay for your own losses, etc. -- and it can be a felony. Doesn't seem worth it to me...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts