Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've had my 06 tC for 2 months now. I bought the Scion security system and had it installed at the dealership where I bought the car. When I went to take the car home, the turn signals, the passenger and driver's side windows, the lights on the dash board and the heating system did not work. I immediately too the car back to the dealer and they fixed it. No problems for a month until one night I go to get in my car and the same thing has happened again. This time, they put a high amp fuse in(went from 5 amp to 10 amp). On my way home from the dealership, the same thing happened-same options not working again. I took the car back and they rewired the entire circuit to spread it out so that the fuses would stop blowing. I have had the car back for less than a week and I am having the same exact problem. I read another post on yahoo about someone having the same kind of problem after the alarm was installed. Does anyone know if the 06's have electrical problems? I really would like to know what is going on with my car...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
They keep messing up the install. No system should keep popping fuses like this. They must have crossed a wire somewhere.

Does the lemon law apply to something like this? This is the 3rd time...

Maybe take it to another dealership?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
No, they do not have electrical problems. You need to take the car back to youe dealership and tell to stop screwing around fix it right. I would go ahead and call Scion Corporate as well. 1-877-70-SCION and tell them whats been going on. There is no reason for this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if the lemon law applies to electrical stuff per se, but it does apply if the problem makes the car unsafe to drive(no turn signals), so technically, I could have a claim with that. any ideas on what to do on that avenue? I made an appointment to go back and get it looked at again and I'm sure you're right that they have crossed a wire somewhere even after the rewire, but I'm really tired of spending all of my time at the dealership. Anyway, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
You need to look into the lemon law in your particular state. I'm not sure whether it would apply to something that is a dealer-installed option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.