Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this over at another forum..

On the tC it has a Air Conditioner Cut off that allows the engine and A/C system to talk to each other. When driver demands extra power the cut-off control reduces A/C compressor load on the engine.[/b]
Mine doesnt seem to do that. Can any one confirm or deny this?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
you wont notice the difference in temperature of the air blowing out of the vents, thats for certain. this function is most notable in the automatic - i dont know which tranny you have. it is a listed function, so i will confirm it as an existing system on the tC. i dont believe it shuts down the a/c system completely, so it wont be the same power as having the a/c off, but it is there. promise.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the 5spd. Well thaks for the info. I actually havnt gotten into it too much yet. Waiting for the 1000 mile mark.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ yeah, the all important break in period. thats why i want a rematch with that accord. wait til i cross a grand. thats when i am swapping to synthetic and a new oil filter, as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
dont mean to intrude, but the fact is that if you want the best preformance out of a new car you need to run it into the ground for the first 20miles, then follow the normal breakin meathed for the rest of the car's parts (suspention, stearing etc...) the 20 mile thing offten refferd to as a "burn in" and always used by supercross racers. it ensurs that the piston rings will maintain the best compretion from the get go, thus better preformance. just look it up on google.

hope i'v helped somewhat.. and introduced a difrent view to the norm..

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
thankfully most people treat their new sports cars that way almost instinctively. good stuff to keep in your head, thanks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hmmm...my first instinct would be to baby the car to death at first...

Doh! Hehe.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Jul 11 2004, 06:44 PM
Hmmm...my first instinct would be to baby the car to death at first...

Doh! Hehe.
Mine too, and thats what i did. But now its past the 1k mark and man this car is quick

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, you DO need to baby the car for the first 1000k. just not the moter hehe, i'll see if i can find the particular article...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, I need that article too. I want to know the proper way to break in a new car, so when I get my tC I'll be prepared. I've mostly read that you should take it hard, but what about the clutch/tranny?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts