Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
The A/C, as far as I've seen on my '05 5MT, really eats into fuel efficiency--even worse than the (clearly noticeable as well) power drop!

It boggles me, as the Murano I used to drive hardly broke a sweat with A/C activated.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Oct 16 2005, 01:35 PM
why did you go from a murano to a tC?
Murano was my dad's secondary car, and it used a significant amount of gas, plus isn't cheap to run/maintain overall. I wanted to buy my own car, something I can call my own, stop relying on my parents for transportation, and be able to customize to my heart's content.

I do miss the refinement of that car, and also the power and power delivery (VQ35DE + Jatco CVT = heaven!!!), but it's been easier on my pocket for gas (I've had my tC since July and have 7,950 miles on it--imagine the fuel costs for me if I drove the Murano instead during that time!) and way easier on my parents' pockets for monthly payment, insurance and maintenance (all costs on the tC are on me, with the exception of the EZ Pass bill, which I'm trying to get them to pass on to me as well, but we share the EZ Pass account because the tag in dad's '05 Legacy 2.5GT is in the same account as mine).

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Oct 16 2005, 01:53 PM
i love ur dad's 05 Legacy
Oh man me too; red wagon! I only wish it were stick, but he tells me, "I'm too old for stick; just buy your own!"

So I did (the tC that is).

-Ed

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i notice more of the fuel economy drain, than the power drain.. it's not as much drain as having my old civic w/ac on, that was a power drain! i dont notice it so much (power drain) because the tC's engine has more torque than i'm used to..

but having the a/c on when on the highway you can see the fuel needle move a lot faster!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.