Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed in the tc, also in accords, and most other cars, there is a sour smell that comes out of the vents after using the a/c with the internal air circulation on. Has anyone else noticed this and anyone know why its gotta smell so bad?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
You have mildew in your heat exchanger. They make mildew killers for this, and they are easy to find in normally humid climates. If you live in a high humidity area, just go to any air conditioning service for a "cleaning." All they do is spray a mildew killer into the vent with the a/c on and it freshens the whole thing.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Or, you could live with it as I have for my entire driving life. In my experience, it goes away just a few seconds after turning on the A/C.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I first noticed this after my first wash. I don't understand why it would start smelling after a car wash (unless water is draining where it shouldn't)? Anyone try what lo bux suggested? I think I'll complain to the dealer first. If they wont fix it, then I'll try the spray.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Smoking has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I live by my the theory of the Mooninites (ATHF) "Smoke while you do it!". and have never experienced a "sour" smell But then again I seldom use the AC because it posed so much of a problem in my former vehicle, I just roll the windows down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.